3.25.2011

Project Simplify: Kid's Toys!

It's week #3 at Simple Mom's Project Simplify. This week Tsh chose kid's toys and/or clothing. I have a great handle on their clothes, but in the last 4 months, the toys multiplied, even with a yard sale!



Eek! How did that happen? Any mom knows toys just multiply. They are possessed. Aliens. One day you have a handle on them, the next they have offspring!
To help manage the massive amounts, I started putting some away. Stashed in tubs in closets and then I rotate after a month or two, minus a few toys that somehow end up in the Goodwill bag!



But, as all moms wish for their kids to be super smart....except in this area, mine found out! And surprisingly, they were ok with it. Every so often, they ask for me to switch their toys and I do provided they give me a full tub to store. It works.



So imagine my mommy-anxiety when I decided to ask my boys for big toys to give away. I was ready for the battle, the whining, the fussing, the arguing. I asked each to give me a large toy, like a garage, and believe it or not, I was met with little to no resistance. Picture me or yourself totally baffled when your kids surprise you, dumb-founded and with 2 garages within 2 minutes!

I should have asked for 2 each! So I did. As we kept working I kept asking for more toys and they delivered. So, really, what happened to my boys and who are these two well-behaved agreeable helpers?




Success!

2 tubs empty and a good load for Goodwill!

post signature

3 comments:

Scarlett Fontaine said...

Im learning about the toy breeding phenomenon with my 8 month old - i cant believe how many we now have got. Ive managed to get rid of some baby ones already. Least at his age he doesnt know that some are being removed lol. Scarlett x

Scarlett Fontaine said...

Im learning about the toy breeding phenomenon with my 8 month old - i cant believe how many we now have got. Ive managed to get rid of some baby ones already. Least at his age he doesnt know that some are being removed lol. Scarlett x

Alexis of NorthOnHarper said...

Nice work!!! I think it is a sign that you have already instilled values and structure in your kids lives--- even if they don't always seem to be listening!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...