3.07.2011

Desk Clean Up!

I feel so much better! 

(after)

There is nothing like clearing out and organizing a space in your home! 

We all have those places...cluttered closets, cabinets stuffed with everything, the infamous drop-spot in the entry.  And while I do have all those other spots to tackle, this desk was driving me nuts!  

We moved 6 months ago and since we have this built in desk in the kitchen, I found it very handy to set-up office immediately. However, it quickly becane the mail drop, paper drop and everything drop! And with open shelving, the piles grew noticably!


(before)

We had a pile for the kids' school work, hubby's stuff, my bills, a shred pile, phone books, office utensils...you name it, it got dropped there. So out to shopping  for some quick organizing baskets. It was a little difficult to find light colored ones - there were many lovely ones but most were either darker colored or a fun, but clashing color. With the dark stained wood, I really needed to lighten the area up.

I found these ivory colored storage pieces at Walmart and I think they work perfectly! Yes, someday these shelves will be painted or have doors, or just removed, but for the quick fix I'm pleased with the clean look.

For more transformations visit Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The PorchTackle It Tuesday at 5 Minutes For Mom, Debbiedoos Newbie Party Making the World CuterHomemaker On A Dime

post signature

9 comments:

Trisha said...

Looks great!I also need to do a good clean up around here :)
Thank you for the Versatile blogger award! I'll be sure to post about that next!

Kathy said...

Nice transformation! My entyway need some organzing I may try a similar thing, thanks for the idea!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Ahhhh what wonderful feeling indeed. I love Spring cleaning, and started to tackle some myself. Thanks for joining my newbie party. I would love if you became a new friend of mine as well. I host this party weekly. Thanks:)

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Decluttering is my favorite word :) Yup, it looks a lot better.

By the way, we have a Swap Followings Linky Party going on right now where you get to meet excellent bloggers and increase your followers in the process. It's easy to join - just whip up a post and include the party button in the post then link up and start following other bloggers in the party so they can follow you, too. I'll be honored if you party with us at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/03/swap-followings-linky-pary-030711.html. See you there :)

Judy said...

I love Spring cleaning...it always makes me feel better too. I am your latest follower from the blog swap. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back. Thanks so much.

Beverly said...

Thanks for stopping by.. I just did some cleaning up too.. my problem is I will make a huge mess again.

CrystalC2B said...

I love the baskets, and when you redo the shelves, you can use them pretty much anywhere else.

Seams Inspired said...

Great tackle! Love the idea of the baskets. I have a task table in the kitchen that seems to be the toss-and-go spot for everyone. Visiting from 5MfM...thanks for sharing. Happy Tuesday!

Crystal said...

I am officially motivated! My desk looks much worse than your before! LoL. I am following back from Homemaker in Heels! I would be honored for you to feature my lamp in your gallery of kids bedroom accessories! :)Thank you! Hope you have a wonderful evening! :)
Crysta:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...