3.20.2011

Mom's Day Out

Middle-aged Mom in Mini-Van Rocks to Music!

I have been couped up for the past week, really few weeks (months?).
I haven't had a day to myself to get out of the house and do whatever
I wanted or needed to do. Yes, I'd get out for grocery shopping,
but that's work to me. And I'd have a kid with me.
 Or I'd stay home and write but again, with kid.

So today I said to hubby, "I'm going out shopping for house decorations.
It's time to take down the Christmas wreath."

It's a sunny day and I'm heading out. I feel some freedom as I pull out
of our neighborhood. After a few miles, I'm ecstatic that I'm free!
It hits! Like when you're a kid and it's the last day of school....freedom!

I turn on the radio and ...

I'm immediately transformed into a younger woman:

Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" is ON!
I turn it up!
I'm jamming!


I'm with Mike Meyers and Dana Carvey...
in their car banging my head!

(come on, play it - you KNOW you want to !)

Are you with me????
Gals, ARE. YOU. WITH. ME????

then...Mighty Mick....

"I Just Want To Make Love To You"

KEEP JAMMING GIRLS!
Stay with me!!!

I'm a 47 yr old in a 10yr old mini-van
BUT
I'M JAMMING!

...and last of the greats: Springsteen!

Yes, I'm BORN TO BE WI-I-I-I-I-LD!!!!

Oh, the music, the memories, the metamorphosis!

It was a GREAT day!

See....


(yes, a carload. But, NOT my fault...it's Freddie, Mick & Bruce's fault!)

Lots to show you ..... another day!

 This do-everything-for-everybody-all-the-time-mom is
finally breaking down the wall and getting back to things I love.

I feel re-newed!

For more metamorphosis' head over to Met Monday at BNOTP.

Enjoy!


post signature

13 comments:

Kathy said...

It's always nice to re-connect isn't it! Glad you got to escape for a while! Can't wait to see what you make with your purchases!

Cozy Home Scenes said...

Evereyone deserves to have a day for themselves, and sounds like you had a great one. Somehow I am visualizing the 4 teens in front of me at a red light the other day. You could get the bass of their car stereo a mile away, but they were pusposely were making the car bop up and down until the light turned green.

Looks like you got a lotta loot too! Glad you had a productive day!

Trisha said...

Your trunk is full with all the bags I love!! Looks like you did well!! :)

Maureen said...

You.go.girl!

Anna said...

It looks like you had a successful and fun trip. :)

Pat said...

What a hoot!!! I played it! Head banging at the computer.

Pat

Nan said...

Rock on ladies!!

Ms Bibi said...

Just keep rocking you minivan momma,you lol.....love it.

It's amazing how some songs when blasting in your car while driving alone will make you (me) 20 years younger.

Alexis of NorthOnHarper said...

I love this story....
I can completely imagine you dancing along in your car. Such a fantastic image....
... and such a successful shopping trip!!!!!!!

Maybe that's what I need to resolve my current funk!!!

Lisa Taylor said...

I love it. You remind me........*of me!*
Party on :-)

Teresa @ Be Our Guest Vacations said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!

Olivia said...

Love it... Great song choice!!! :) http://www.OliviaBlueMusic.com/

Torrey said...

LOVE!
I'm so so glad you had that moment... those are the times that I absolutely cherish. Is it weird to cherish rocking out by yourself to good music?? hmm oh well! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...