9.01.2011

5 Tips For Growing A Garden Easily!


This is our first garden and I can't believe how easy it was!
We only did 5 things to help it grow.
                                               Really!



              1. Plant the seeds. *Read: the kids dumped the seeds.* 
              2. Water only after 2 weeks without rain.
              3. Put grass mulch between the rows.
              4. Pull a few weeds when you know for sure they ARE weeds.
              5. Hang Japanese beetle bag-catchers.

Bookmark this for next spring!



That's it. Everything grew. Our neighbor planted corn at the same time and while it grew, it tasseled too early thus not producing corn. I think because she watered it every day. 
The trick is to ignore it! 

From this:




To this:




And the watermelon:




To this:




Pumpkin:

started from a seed in a cup from school last spring! 


Growing:




Almost full grown:




And cucumbers!









I'm sure many of you have had gardens, but this is our first and we are beyond thrilled with our lack of knowledge, lack of care and yet abundance of produce!



post signature

5 comments:

Mommy LaDy Club said...

Wow...that's impressive. I have to grow my garden in pots, up away from the javelina, but the quail still always find them. I'm jealous!
Courtney
http://www.mommyladyclub.com

Nan @ Playful Decor said...

Hi Courtney, well, now we've discovered birds are starting to eat the corn - time for a scarecrow! But we did have some corn and WOW it was so good!

Spilled Milkshake said...

Wow! I'm really impressed! I tried to grow a garden last year and it did not work out so well. The ignoring trick may have been taken a little far in my case...LOL!

I'm jealous of the corn and watermelon and pumpkins! I'd love to have some =)

Spanish Pinay said...

oh, this is lovely! I live in a condo-type apartment and there's just no way I can have a garden. Although I do not have a green thumb, I still love looking at flowers and plants and most especially I love greens! I have a few pots inside my apartment but I try to not touch them as much as possible afraid of just killing them (I already killed one! :( )... so hubby is the one most of the time taking care of them.

Good job on your garden! It looks really well taken care of :)

I'm visiting from voiceboks' Members to Remember event.

Spanish Pinay

Connie said...

Beautiful garden!!
Thank you for following my blog at PeanutButterandWhine.com I'm Following you back! Have a great day!!
Connie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...