2.11.2011

The Winter Wait.....

                                   
                                 (... another beautiful sunrise....) 



I mean, WEIGHT!  I'm joining the gals at 5 Minutes For Mom  for a regular check-in with our weight loss goals.  Every week we'll share nutrition & meal ideas as well as our progress.  Coincidently, hubby & I had recently decided to start our own weight loss.  It's February and it's time!





  A few weeks ago I caught the Dr. Oz  program (who doesn't LOVE Dr. Oz?)  and this diet guru was on explaining his methods - and of course, new book, The 4 Hour Body.   Except this guy, Tim Ferriss, isn't really a diet guru, he's more of a nutrition & physiology nut. He has spent 20 years testing his body to figure out the best diet (foods to eat) for a low body fat index and best exercises for optimum energy & fitness.



We are jumping on his ideas - once you start understanding his number crunching & seeing the results, it makes sense.  Here are 3 main things to get started as he stated on the Dr. Oz show:

  • 30g of Protein within 30 minutes of waking
  • Grapefruit Juice & Air Squats after binging (or bad foods)
  • Ice Packs on your neck while watching tv 

I've already tried the first 2 and I don't have that bloated puffy stomach after eating. I feel leaner & meaner! And feeling the burn from those air squats!

Here's to cinnamon in my coffee and spinach & beans in my eggs..... let's get going to a flatter tummy for summer!



14 comments:

Amie said...

Newest follower from MBC. Great post, I'm hoping to lose weight this year too.

Check out my blog.
http://andweareoffto.blogspot.com/

Thanks
Amie

Nan said...

Hi Amie, I look forward to reading your blog!

DP said...

That's interesting. What does grapefruit juice do?

I'm also your newest follower from MBC. Hope you will check out my blog and follow back.

-DP
Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

Nan said...

Hi DP! Thanks for following. The grapefruit juice helps open receptors in your muscles so the sugar/fat goes there and then when you do the squats for 1-2minutes, it burns the fat immediately. (((I think I have it straight!))) I look forward to reading your blog!

MamaTales said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower from MBC. Please stop by http://mama-tales-blog.blogspot.com/

Six Feet Under Blog said...

newest follower from MBC
I'm looking to lose 5 lbs this year!

Brandi said...

Hi! I am a new follower from MBC. I need to jump start my weight loss too! I hit a plateau after losing 90+ lbs over two years so maybe I can get inspired to get back on it!

Stick to it!

~Brandi
http://www.ohmadremia.com/

Brandi said...

Hey Nan, Is the book you were telling me about the 4 hour body, that you feature in this post? I would love to pick it up if it helps get me back on track!

Nan said...

Brandi, Yes, The 4 Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss. Can be found anywhere. My hub & I are just making our shopping list and figuring out meal plans! Keep in touch!

Lori said...

I'm a new follower of your blog! Thanks for stopping by Thrifty Decor Mom!

Definitely need to read your post about loosing weight! I need to lose about 40 pounds (or more!).

Lori : )
Thrifty Decor Mom

WokInTime said...

I'm following you from MBC. I need to get with the program! I'm still trying to lose the last few pounds of baby weight. Seems like i'll be doing that forever!

Nan said...

Hi Lori, I'm all about being thrifty and we have soooo much to do in our 'new' house! And grab the book, and join me in the weekly Weight Off!

Nan said...

Hi Jamie, My youngest is 4 1/2 and although I did crash diet to lose the immediate baby weight after he was born, it all came back! :( Join us - I think it's better to do group-lose than doing it alone. I'm also trying to make this a lifestyle change rather than a 2 month diet. kwim?

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

GREAT tips! I really like Dr Oz's advice on his show. I should get this book! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...