2.24.2011

Negotiating Means Talking, Right?

I love the style of this house.



I am going nuts. NUTS. I am in negotiations with a potential buyer for our old house and waiting...WAITING... for the response.


It has been 24 hours since my last email. Email? Yes, we are negotiating via email. And either she is very good at sales or it is just happenstance. 






I've been in a few sales jobs when I was in my twenties; they hire you and ship you off for a month of training. Rule #1 - whoever throws out the number first loses. Or, whoever talks first loses. I have been savvy in my writings to her making sure we get what we want - need - to protect our interests.





She cut me off last week when we were set on the numbers. When a few days went by, she said she and her husband would discuss it in length over the weekend. Fine. The weekend passes. Monday. Tuesday. I finally write to see what they've decided and we are back negotiating. Fine. And yesterday we again arrived at final numbers. The weekend is approaching again, does that mean it's another weekend discussion? Or is she just busy or what? WHAT??? Talk. to. me.  I need to know what's going on!



I desperately want to write her again, but might risk appearing too desperate. What to do? We are in the silent phase as my old sales trainers would say. Stay strong and keep your mouth shut or you will lose. That tactic does work when you're face to face. Email was not around back then.  I just want to know.



Time to say goodbye.

6 comments:

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Just hang in there. I know how nerve-wracking it is during the negotiation process of homebuying so I was on the other end just recently. It will pay off in the long run. Btw, a new follower from the blog hop and I hope you'll follow back :)

Trisha said...

I remember buying & selling our house & all the stress.I hope everything works out in your favor:)

Skye said...

http://www.realmomreviews.net
Following your blog! Please follow back!
If you could follow me on Facebook/Twitter, that would be awesome too!!
http://www.facebook.com/RealMomReviews
http://www.twitter.com/RealMomReview
Thanks for your time!
Skye

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Good luck!
Thanks for following, I'm following back :-)

Nan said...

Oh, thank you for your support girls! Just writing it and venting a little made me feel better.

Java said...

Hi!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

I am now following you. Please follow me if you haven't already done so!!

I would also like to invite you to join the Over 40 Bloggers Club!! Take a look and join in the fun!

I promise to have my hubby take a pic of me in my sweats sometime soon! lol..

Have a wonderful day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...