2.28.2011

My Son's Nursery

My oldest son recently had his 6th birthday.


(before the room was a bright neon green!)


I don't know why this one carries more significance for me than others but it does. It means he is not a toddler anymore. He is a boy. Granted a little boy, but still on his way to big-kid status. At 5 years old I could still call him a toddler, not now. He's a boy.



(white rocking chair was my grandmother's)


So in honor of his birthday, I have dug out photos of his nursery. Oh, the many hours of painting, shopping and making everything 'just right.'  I found many cute knick-knacks from garage sales and second-hand stores and re-painted them.


(taller dresser was built by my dad about 50 yrs ago so my mom wouldn't get a
sore back when changing my sibs & me - smart!) 

And let's not forget my first-time-mom's concern with being pregnant AND painting in the winter months: I'd have the windows open for fresh air and take long breaks so my 'little bean' would not smell the paint fumes too. Oh, the worrying I did....let's not go there!


 (red chair was found at yard sale for $1 and I painted it)

If you have photos of your children's nurseries and/or bedrooms, I'd love to post and share them with my readers. Contact me PlayfulDecor (at) gmail (dot) com and I will include them in my gallery.

And for more fun home makeovers visit Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch.  or

Lindsay at A Design Story.

post signature

4 comments:

Kathy said...

My oldest turned 12 in December and I too love to look back on his nursrey! I had so much fun planning it and putting it together. I also loved doing my daughters, we had just moved into our current house and I was pregnant with her. When my youngest came along 5 years ago, (almost 6 in April) we had the boys share a room and it was still a blast decorating! Thanks for making me remember! I love your nursrey!

Emily said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment on my blog. Your son's nursery is darling! I love the colors you used...so boy like! You surely can use my buckets on your blog...just link them back to me. \
thank you!!!
-emily
www.nestnestingnested.blogspot.com
p.s. I just re-organized my little boys' closet...lots of storage ideas! Check it out tomorrow on my blog and let me know what you think.

Nan said...

Kathy, if you have photos of the nursery and/or bedrooms, email them to me and I'll post them in the gallery.

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

My son is only 1.5 yrs old, I can't imagine him at 5 years old! Your son's nursery looks super cute, love that you used family furniture in his space. Thanks for sharing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...