2.28.2011

My Son's Nursery

My oldest son recently had his 6th birthday.


(before the room was a bright neon green!)


I don't know why this one carries more significance for me than others but it does. It means he is not a toddler anymore. He is a boy. Granted a little boy, but still on his way to big-kid status. At 5 years old I could still call him a toddler, not now. He's a boy.



(white rocking chair was my grandmother's)


So in honor of his birthday, I have dug out photos of his nursery. Oh, the many hours of painting, shopping and making everything 'just right.'  I found many cute knick-knacks from garage sales and second-hand stores and re-painted them.


(taller dresser was built by my dad about 50 yrs ago so my mom wouldn't get a
sore back when changing my sibs & me - smart!) 

And let's not forget my first-time-mom's concern with being pregnant AND painting in the winter months: I'd have the windows open for fresh air and take long breaks so my 'little bean' would not smell the paint fumes too. Oh, the worrying I did....let's not go there!


 (red chair was found at yard sale for $1 and I painted it)

If you have photos of your children's nurseries and/or bedrooms, I'd love to post and share them with my readers. Contact me PlayfulDecor (at) gmail (dot) com and I will include them in my gallery.

And for more fun home makeovers visit Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch.  or

Lindsay at A Design Story.

post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My oldest turned 12 in December and I too love to look back on his nursrey! I had so much fun planning it and putting it together. I also loved doing my daughters, we had just moved into our current house and I was pregnant with her. When my youngest came along 5 years ago, (almost 6 in April) we had the boys share a room and it was still a blast decorating! Thanks for making me remember! I love your nursrey!

Emily said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment on my blog. Your son's nursery is darling! I love the colors you used...so boy like! You surely can use my buckets on your blog...just link them back to me. \
thank you!!!
-emily
www.nestnestingnested.blogspot.com
p.s. I just re-organized my little boys' closet...lots of storage ideas! Check it out tomorrow on my blog and let me know what you think.

Nan ~ Playful Decor said...

Kathy, if you have photos of the nursery and/or bedrooms, email them to me and I'll post them in the gallery.

Unknown said...

My son is only 1.5 yrs old, I can't imagine him at 5 years old! Your son's nursery looks super cute, love that you used family furniture in his space. Thanks for sharing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...