2.20.2011

Sunday Visits


At first I wasn't going to write today, I was just going to bop around around these blog hops. I have a super cold, plus it's cold outside and I just want to crawl back into bed! But then I realized blog hopping on Sunday  to meet new friends is similar to the pre-blog days of the after church meet & greet.


Of course, the after church social hour still exists, but how things have changed! And changed not only with technology, but within blogging. When I first started blogging a few years ago, there were only minimal blog memes - and that was a new word! Now we don't say memes anymore, it's 'hop,' and there are several, probably hundreds of hopping parties every week! (get it...hop-ping party?)

But for those of us that are new and just want to introduce ourselves to the rest of the blogging community - or wouldn't go to church because of a nasty cold - a Sunday meet & greet online is just perfect! Thanks to those hosts and welcome new friends.



    Photobucket   BoostMyBlogFriday   Shibley Smiles Sunday Blog Hop    

13 comments:

laura@imnotatrophywife.com said...

hi nan- i'm following you now on the sunday social. welcome to blogging. would love a follow back, laura
http://imnotatrophywife.com

Turning the Clock Back said...

Hi there! I am a new follower via GFC from the SUnday Social blog hop. Hope you are having a great weekend! Would love for you to come follow back if you get the chance!

Diane
http://www.turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com

Tree said...

Hi Nan! Thanks for linking up with us for Let's Get Social... even with a cold. :) Hope you're feeling better soon! I'm returning the "follow" luv, and hope to see you again next Sunday!

Tree
Mother of Pearl It Is

Trisha said...

HI! New follower here! I found you through "say hi sunday".
Looking forward to reading more :)

Grandma Bonnie said...

New follower from Say Hi Sunday blog Hop.
Hope you have time to follow back.
http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com

outofthoughts said...

Thanks for the follow, I am following back. http://onemoreflewoverthecuckoo.blogspot.com/

lovinangels said...

Arent blog hops fun? I love them! I wasn't blogging when they were memes! thanks for stopping by!

CarliAlice @ GG2Life said...

I haven't had this perspective on the hops before. I think it makes it feel much better. Thanks! I'm a new GFC follwer from Say Hi Sunday. http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

Mika said...

I'm following from the blog hop.
I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
Thanks, Mika

Bridget said...

Thanks for linking up with us on Let's Get Social. We appreciate you helping us get the word out! I'm returning the follow luv and hope to see you back next Sunday!
Bridget
Guide to Smart Shopping

Menopausal New Mom said...

Thanks for finding me and the follow. I dropped by to say Hi and to follow you back.

Happy Monday!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Hi Nan,

Thanks for leaving a comment.

You can contact me at

decortoadore@hotmail.com

Have a blessed day!

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

Hi nan! Thanks for the follow & sorry it's taken me a few days to follow back but here I am! A new follower! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...