2.15.2011

My Hairrible Obsession



I was going to post something more regular for Tackle It Tuesday - a cleaning project or a home re-do. But
the in past few days, I've been obsessed with something more personal and hoping some of you can relate! 

Instead of showing you a completed project or a "how to," I'm going to give you all a friendly reminder.


Dare I admit it?

I have spent the past 3 days fussing with home hair color. Don't get me wrong, for some it works well. For others, like me, it just doesn't work. First try I ended with:


THIS COLOR.


Then I tried another brand in a higher blonde and ended up with:


THIS COLOR.

My husband apptly called it the Golden Retriever color!

And thinking I was almost getting there to the blonde I've always been and just needed to go a bit lighter,
I tried once more. Seriously, who was I kidding? I really thought I COULD get it right!

Enter the bleach blonde:


THIS COLOR.


Seriously. Shocking.

Help.

I know I'm not the only woman to ever try home hair coloring and end up with a disaster. I brought it upon myself and I will deal with it. With humor!

So in my new quest of Tackling My Hair, I'm heading out to a salon and I'd love some


COLOR  LOVE  COMMENTS


of your hair disasters!

Thanks Ladies!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Yikes! Sometimes going to a hairdresser really is the best option. I learned that the hard way too. :)

I'm following from the Tuesday Blog Trail. I'd love for you to follow back!

Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

Nan said...

Oh, Heather, I KNOW. lol. I've always gone, but since moving 6 months ago, I haven't found a new salon. Now I'm forced!! Thanks for following, right back at you!

Renee Ann said...

Ha ha! I always color my own hair, and I've had some interesting results. Thanks for following me at Doorkeeper. I'm here to follow your pretty site. Blessings!

Dacia said...

Visiting from SITS board & now following your blog. Love to have you follow back :) I'm way to wimpy to try home hair color.

Sonia Barton said...

I've watched the women around me deal with what you are going through, so early on decided not to color my hair (ever). My problem now is Gray hair, and it's getting to the point were I'm going to have to do something about it.

So when you figure it out, tell us the secret.

Making It Work Mom said...

Yikes!! I used to color my hair and I thought it looked pretty fabulous then, but now looking back it was pretty awful. I hope you had better luck with the hairdresser!

Jenny said...

I'm a new follower from the Mom Blogs...come follow me.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I once had green hair. NOT on pupose. It was horrible. Now I just leave it alone. But I am thinking of you.

Nan said...

I have my hair back! Yikes, won't do that again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...