8.22.2011

Recent Frugal Finds






I found this old decorating book as I was going through my grandmother's belongings. I haven't read it yet, but I'd like to see what the experts were advising back then.




The copyright is 1958.




I'm turning a bedroom in our new-to-us house into my workspace. You can see the before pics of what I call "the disco room."


I wrote in this post about ordering a desk from Target, but unfortunately, it arrived really damaged and we sent it back the next day. We decided to not order nicer furniture online - and I didn't want to pay furniture store prices, so back to craigslist and found this desk....


It will be perfect even though I feel I paid a bit too much. Lesson learned and now I have a better plan for buying off craigslist. 





And at a garage sale I picked up these...
I can use them for my lights!



And this.....
an interesting shelf unit for our house!




And here is my BIGGEST, BESTEST THRIFTY FIND EVER....


a brushed nickel kitchen sink faucet for $2!!!!!!
Yes, used, but has all parts and looks good. It's still in the box since 
the hub says it's a winter project. I would even say this find is 
better than the vases and Thirty-One tote 


I love getting a great deal and finding that special piece that catches 
my eye and  says "must-have!"

So how about you? What are some of your great frugal finds lately?



post signature

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh, those are such great finds! And how amazing is that to find a beautiful kitchen faucet at a garage sale? I would be excited about that, too! :) And I know what you mean about Craigslist~ more than once I have walked away with something I could have paid less for! Oh well, lesson learned...

I hope you are having a good week so far! :)

Blessings,
Jenni

outjunking said...

Great faucet. Wish I could luck up on one with all the parts. They can be so costly.
Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...