4.08.2011

Project Simplify - Laundry Room

Well, it's the last installment of Simple Mom's Project Simplify. This week we could choose our own spot for clearing out. I chose our laundry room. Someday, I hope it will be bright and colorful, use your imagination!

  Nice and clean!


Every house we've owned has had a particular drop spot for stuff. Any stuff. Boxes and bags from the grocery store, recycling, clothes to donate and things I-just-don't-know-what-to-do-with-right-now! In this house, it's the laundry room. My catch-all spot before going to the basement, the garage, upstairs closets or into the car. And add in wet snowpants and coats hanging off the vacuum and doorknobs!


How it looked all winter.

That door goes out to the backyard so since we never used it, it was additional drop space! The lamps in the blue bucket are for the living room, but I had to get new shades. Boxes from and for Aldi shopping. Recycling in the grey tub.


I drive to a recycling center so it collects!
But, at least I'm doing it!

Lovely shelves to stuff stuff!


So most things went into the car to donate or recycle, the lamps went into an
upstairs closet and boxes to the basement.

Again, before.......




...and after!

See more awesome organizing at Simple Mom and Finer Things!

I can't wait to paint! What colors do you think I should do?
post signature

6 comments:

RoryBore said...

Wow! I gotta get busy round here! but for us everything has been stockpiling for a garage sale next month. I've already told DH nothing comes back in this house!! Give it away at the end if we have to.
Since it is the laundry room, and I personally think that is the most dreary of household chores, I'd pick a nice cheerful color --- but not necessarily the standard sunny yellow. a coral, limey green..something different. The tiles looks to be a pretty neutral color, so I guess any shade would go. That's the end of my decorating prowness :)

Susan Evans said...

I think a light and cheerful color like peach might look good...

Dee said...

We have the same problem with our basement. My husband and I are finally getting rid of the clutter.
Your laundry room looks perfect.

Dee

sasha said...

Great Blog! I am now following. Please stop by my blog, stay a while and follow back :)

Inessa
www.diaperstylememoirs.com

Sharon @ Decorating is bliss.com said...

It feels so much better when you purge stuff! I just cleaned out a ton of stuff from my closet too! Good luck on your cleaning and organizing! :)

Debbie said...

It looks great! I'm always amazed at how fast a room can get piled up around here. I've been trying to organize this year but it is slow going:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...