6.14.2011

Featured Designer: Diane Henkler



Isn't this fan a delight?
Seriously, why have those boring brown blades and brass casing?
Fan manufacturers could learn something here....


This colorful fan is the genius work of Interior Designer Diane Henkler. If you're not familiar with Diane's work, you MUST visit her blog, In My Own Style.


I am always so impressed with the creative ideas Diane comes up with! She is the queen of diy projects - yes, she even cuts her own wood with her table saw! And as you see below, she takes a typical diy project and adds flair...







Home-Decorating-Idea-Use-Ex

Diane was featured in this years Parade of Homes Tour.
I LOVE shutters. I love THESE shutters!
 What a great way to fill wall space.


And how about this: what a fun project that includes the kids!
It would be perfect for a playroom.

DSCN6318


But if you're about to pack up the playroom in order to get your house ready to
sell, Diane has some great tricks for staging. For instance, using ice cubes and
a fork to fluff the carpet from those unsightly furniture leg dents:


Staging-a-Home-tips-and-tri






Read her tutorial  on staging tricks.

If you need help decorating or staging your home,
please contact Diane at In My Own Style.



post signature

12 comments:

Twingle Mommy said...

That fan is great! I wonder what it looks like when it's on???

Connie said...

Hi There! New follower from the hop. Would love it if you could hop over to www.girltechdivas.com and follow back!

Love the fan!

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Nan - I know I already thanked you with an e-mail, but I just wanted to say thanks again for the wonderful feature. I am truly honored.

My best- Diane

Nan @ Playful Decor said...

TM - I'm guessing circles of color!

Connie - welcome, glad you're here!

Diane - you have such great ideas!

Carla said...

Love these! I can't decide which is my favorite, but I think it is the mirror. The shutters are a close second! Thanks for sharing this creative woman with us.

Alex said...

What a cute & fun idea for a ceiling fan!

Trianna said...

I love the fan and mirror! So bright cheery!

Marie Noelle said...

Wow! She's talented!!! I love the fan!!! And the project with the kids, so cool!!

Alexis of NorthOnHarper said...

The ceiling fan is so much fun! That is a project I would tackle!

Ms Bibi said...

That's one very creative lady. I am absolutely in love with that fan.

Tracy said...

What a great fan! I wonder if it'd make me dizzy while it's on though.

Live*Laugh*Love said...

Hey I am a new follower would you please follow me back thanks...

Tara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...