6.18.2011

Child's Handprint Art



If  you have a baby or if your child is under five, this is a MUST-DO!




Randi at Dukes and Duchesses, shared this "growing handprints" keepsake and
 wall art. It's a treasured idea she found in the Martha Stewart archives.


I honestly feel envious (and guilty) that I don't have any hand or foot print keepsakes.



 

Randi started the tracings when her babies were one month and continued the tracings every few months. When they were a bit older she did it once per year until age five.

If it's too late for you, like it is for me (well, maybe I can sneak a few years in), I think this is an awesome baby shower gift. You could give the  black frame, special paper, an artist's pencil and instructions.

Another idea is to use cut-outs with different colored paper as shown here.

For the full tutorial go see Randi at Dukes and Duchesses and tell her what a great idea this is!

post signature

7 comments:

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀ said...

This is such a precious idea.

Dee

GainingMe said...

I am TOTALLY loving this! I, too, am wishing that I had done this! Maybe I'll go through the hand prints I do have and trace them! HAHAHA. It's a cheat, but still!!!

Dorie

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

So sweet! Sad and sweet...they grow up way too fast. I have handprints of my son when he was 3 but non beyond that. Love this idea!

Nan @ Playful Decor said...

I'll be using a little guess-timation to fill in the years I don't have.... I think its perfectly ok!

dee dee said...

Ohhhhh to have had this idea 16 years ago! Love it. Will have to keep it in mind incase I ever get grandkids! Thanks for sharing... dee dee

beachbaby said...

Following through the Welcome Wednesday hop, I hope you will follow back at http://beachbabys.blogspot.com/

Carolyn said...

OH HOW CUTE!! I wish I saw this yeeeeaarrs ago so I could do with mine. *sigh* =) lol

Stopping and following from the welcome wednesday hop--would love a follow back!

www.cookinformycaptain.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...