6.08.2012

Children's Nursery Lights





Decorating your nursery or child's room is one of the most enjoyable rooms to do. Let your creativity run with all the options in bedding, wall decor and lighting. What lighting? "There's already a light in the room."  Do you mean the flat mount dish from the 70's?






(insert pic of our ugly flat mount light)
kidding, we all have them and you know what they look like!


 Yes, it gives light, but when you're coordinating the paint colors, bedding, curtains and decor accents, blending to the ceiling  adds the final touch! 




You may choose from table and floor lamps or stylish chandeliers and sconces. Just remember that when baby starts pulling himself up, those lamps will need to go. After two kiddos, I believe the safest lighting in a child's room is hardwired ceiling or wall lighting. 






No cords to pull at, plugs in outlets or lamps to knock over.  When my oldest was a toddler, I started looking for an alternative to the cute little table lamp in his room. There were many dazzling chandeliers with crystals, but none suitable for boys. So I set out to make super cute lights for boys - and girls - rooms and FuzzyUps!™ Lights were born. 

I hope you like them and I'll get back to regular posting next week! 

Coming up... I have a super easy-peasy gardening tip and updates on the kids beach & sea bathroom and our master bedroom. And if you're new to my blog, don't forget to subscribe to see more designs and decorating ideas. Have a great weekend everyone!



post signature

8 comments:

Nicole Orriëns said...

I love the lamp with the bunnies! I would totally buy that one.

http://www.momfever.com

Sarah said...

Mocha Mint is a cute lamp. :) I wanted to have fun decorating both sons nursery's, but with both boys they didn't have their own room as a baby. So I just dreamed and looked at pictures of nursery's. hehe They shared a room with mommy and daddy for a while.

Susan said...

What a cute idea! Very creative.

Katy Emanuel said...

Cute idea. Since we have done our daughters room I have not yet found a lighting fixture I like and so she has the flat dish style light right now. May have to put your idea into her room.

leigh said...

I'm so impressed with other people's creativity. You did a great job. And it's inspiring to know you sell your creations.
Leigh
www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

Five Little Chefs said...

I never thought to decorate the lights. What a great idea. I know my little ones would love this.

Perspective Parenting said...

Those light fixtures are adorable!! Makes me want to have another baby just so I can decorate the room....almost. ;)

Santiago Mills said...

What a wonderful idea! I’ve been thinking of redecorating our nursery room and I’ll surely consider putting up decorative light fixtures like these one ! This is a great way to welcome our new born baby!

-Santiago Mills

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...