7.05.2012

Orange Big Boy Room


This contemporary big boy bedroom is by Rachelle from 



I'm loving the large orange accent!


What's so amazing is that
Rachelle made everything: the bed, 
the comforter, the curtains, the step stool.  Her inspiration started with the Land of Nod colorful comforter seen here. 



This is the room before....
a cute nursery!





Rachelle used a bed pattern from DIY mom Ana White. 
For the comforter and curtains, Rachelle bought a lot of sheets!



Pattern for the comforter.....




Simple white and orange sheets sewn together for the curtains.





So many awesome details!


Didn't Rachelle do a fantastic job?!
And since she's creating another nursery, we'll get to see that 
soon! To see more of this super cute big boy room head on over to 
Adventures In Creating and give Rachelle a shout! 

Have you decorated a room for your kids? Let me know and I'll feature it! 

Linking to 504Main,  Inspiration Friday,  Tatertots & Jello,  French Country Cottage,  2805,   

post signature

9 comments:

Karen Dawkins said...

Our son's favorite colors are royal blue and orange. He's due for an overhaul -- though we will keep the skateboards he uses for shelving, simply hung with L-brackets!

I wonder if he'd like the more neutral palette this room offers?

it's great to "BE" ™ said...

She did do a beautiful job. I love the simplicity of it and it provides just enough splashes of color, so as not to be too busy. Also great cost savings ways of making and providing the readers with the know how to do it themselves.
I painted my boys bedroom ceiling a dark blue and stenciled white stars and placed glow in the dark stars all over it when they were little. The only problem is now that they are getting older and we may sell the house, I have several layers of painting to make those ceilings white again!

T. Lorraine F said...

What a fresh take on a bedroom overhaul. It is a style that grows with them. I love orange it makes me think of fresh spring and bright summer days. The curtains actually seem simple enough for me to do.

Addicted to Recipes said...

Great colours! I re-did my oldest son's room earlier this year and had such a hard time. His favourite colour is orange and orange hard to find in boy bedding. This room is just beautiful!

Rachelle said...

what a transformation! she did a great job! I hope I can also have that patience and sense of creativity to do that. I love the comforter's pattern!

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

Thank you so much for featuring my sons room, and thank you for all the kind comments! It was a fun project and he really enjoys it.

Nan @ Playful Decor said...

Thanks for visiting everyone and thank you again, Rachelle for providing an awesome room! I agree on the simplicity - makes me want to go by a sewing machine!

Karen - you'll have to let me know if you re-do your son's room.

leigh said...

WOW - looks fantastic. I love that this is a room that is ageless and can be grown into - very cool!
Leigh
www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

Honey at 2805 said...

What a great room! Love the bold stripe! Thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...