6.01.2009

Time For Mom

With summer here, I know where & how I’ll be spending my summer hours…sitting on the front porch watching the kids ride their bikes in the driveway. This means, I cannot do other things, like work, blog, clean, cook, or nap. But, a blessing in disguise…I can read! I never read books or magazines anymore. It’s another enjoyment that disappears when starting a family.

So last week I grabbed the magazine, "Cottage Living," I found at my salon and I read it! I mean I read the words! Not just looking at the pictures, but reading. I felt inspired to decorate. I found the paint colors for our bedroom ceiling (between the beams), a muted blue-ish green that will work perfectly with the spa color scheme I want to do. And a lighter grey-tan for the beams.



On occasion, I read a magazine passed on from a neighbor, “More.” I love that magazine. I can relate to it and for once I am not constantly staring at super-thin 15 year old models on every page. I am looking at women who are my age, reading articles relevant to mature, sophisticated women. (did I just say I’m mature & sophisticated? Definitely not, but you know what I mean)

And I did something I haven’t done in years…. I just ordered a subscription to More! I think it’s about time given my husband has more than a few magazines piling up on the back of the john! So, yes, it’s time for mom to relax, read, and get inspired about things that once excited me!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

awesome!!

Lisa said...

thats great ! Hope you had a awesome weekend!

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

Im not a magazine reader but I always take the time to read Body and Soul. I love 90% of the articles in that magazine.

Lucy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...