6.04.2009

The Color Purple, I Mean Turquoise!

I recently discovered a new decorating and products blog showcasing the color turquoise. Anything and everything is in various shades of that wonderful color. The site is House of Turquoise. Erin scans the internet for decorating treasures to fill or accent your rooms with the turquoise color.

So I started thinking about the color turquoise, how years (decades) ago I used to not only love it but wear it and have it around. I was drawn to it. I think I still am, but currently as a mom of 2 toddler boys, I am wearing dark colors to go with my never-ending frumpiness!

In the 80's it was all about turquoise and pink - yes, I had a swimsuit in those colors. And, waaayyy back, a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away I think my first pair of real jewelry was a pair of turquoise earrings...or could have been a necklace!

What do or did you have that's turquoise?

2 comments:

Bloggymommy said...

Hmm...I dont really have anything besides a necklace that I dont wear that's turquoise! The color is pretty though!

Erin said...

So glad you discovered my blog! Maybe you'll start bringing some turquoise into your wardrobe again...but maybe not that swimsuit!

A lot of my clothes and jewelry, and of course pieces in my home are turquoise. No shocker there. I have been drawn to the color for as long as I can remember.

Thanks for the link-love! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...