This is another room I'm calling done, my office/mom cave! There are a few things I still need to change to truly be 100% done, but who's looking? When you have an entire house that needs re-doing, and it's all DIY, getting rooms to 90% is pretty good!
BEFORE:
seriously.
Your computer screen is correct:
Pink
Red
Black
French doors replaced the temporary curtain. I found them on craigslist: 4 for $50!! This is what they looked like when we brought them home:
And you would not believe the shimming dear hub had to do to make them fit! Non-plum doors into a non-plum doorway!
Dear hubs did the DIY carpeting install.
New double windows from Window World. More about the new windows in this post.
Before it was a squatty little window like this one in another room:
We went from a short single to a taller double:
Lovely wall color complete with black carpeting, a black ceiling fan
and mirrored bi-fold closet doors (where the new french doors are now).
I also found this beautiful cabinet on craigslist to store my lighting supplies:
My last project for this room is to recover this chaise:
with this fabric:
It should look nice with the room...
...what do you think? Here are more options for fabric from Fabric.com if you think I'm nuts for choosing the one above!
8 comments:
Wow, that is 1000 times better, it's amazing what paint can do...it's so calming now, love the fabric choice
that looks wonderful! what an amazing deal on the french doors. i absolutely love the chaise fabric choice with the color pallet of the room. perfect!
Wow, that is so much better than pink and red. You did a great job. I could totally use a mom cave right now. I'd only use it for studying at the moment, but that's okay!
wow, what you are doing is such an improvement! It looks great. I am impressed that you are covering that chaise yourself. I love the fabric.
Nan I burst out laughing at the before wow that was something else! Yes definitely calming NOW, honestly I am not sure what emotion the before color combination evoked in me but it wasn't good. Love the new look!
I'm so impressed you can upholster a chair yourself, and I love the fabric.
Your room really does present a calm atmosphere.
Momfever
I love your choices! Beautiful!
As to the fabric, you made a great choice. They only other one I'd consider is #10, but I agree with you.
Enjoy your new creative space!
Cute!
I started my very first "Weekend Warmth" Linky party...and there are no rules. Please join in!
http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-warmth.html
Post a Comment